Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Workout Variety

I change my workout routine quite often. These past few weeks, I've been in a workout rut, having to make myself get out of bed in the morning and get to the gym. Once I'm up, I'm fine, but I really have to give myself a pep talk. I'm wondering if it's due to fatigue or boredom. When you go to the gym, do you always do the same routine? Is there a favorite cardio machine that you consistently choose? The challenge I'm making for myself is to change up my routine. I just started walking more on a treadmill instead of rushing over to the elliptical trainer. It would be nice to go outside, but it's just too hot for that. Summer in Atlanta is no different than Houston- it's just as much of a scorcher!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on this one! I think you have to switch up your workouts. I will do the same stuff for a few months, and then try to switch it up. I think it helps protect you from boredom, but it's also good to do different exercises that work muscles just a little differently.

I'm a fan of the elliptical, but I'm looking to change up my cardio a little. Maybe spinning? We'll see...

Anonymous said...

People should read this.