Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Protein Shake and Heaven- Oxymoron?

I have tried a lot of different protein shakes, but never found one that I liked. It was a chore to gulp it down. While there are many benefits of drinking them, the major setback for me was the horrible taste. Enter Muscle Milk to the rescue. I first learned about this little piece of Heaven when I worked at a fitness center last year. It was our best-selling protein shake. I asked its loyalists if it really did taste good and they all raved about its wonderful taste. I didn't try it then because the calorie count was a little high for my liking. When the light version hit the shelves, I gave it a try. No lie, this stuff tastes AMAZING. I bought the chocolate powder and then the vanilla powder. There is no need to mix it with milk- water tastes great and makes it fairly thick. I feel like I'm drinking a true shake. If you want to have a better experience, try the pre-made ones. They come in a packs of 4 and cost below $7. Here are the stats:

150 calories
20 grams protein
8 grams carbs
3 grams sugar
5 grams fat

Does it get any better than that? I think not. Chocolate Mint is my favorite, but I have yet to try a Muscle Milk flavor that I disliked. So, if you're looking for a meal replacement shake that tastes like a dessert, buy Muscle Milk. If you are watching your calorie intake, go for Muscle Milk Light. Happy Drinking!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Scitec Nutrition's PROTEIN DELITE is really delicious especially when made with milk and sweetened with Splenda or another sugar substitute.

Anonymous said...

OMG--Muscle Milk is FRICKIN' AWESOME! I am addicted to the chocolate malt.

Anonymous said...

Technology really has become one with our daily lives, and I can say with 99% certainty that we have passed the point of no return in our relationship with technology.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Societal concerns aside... I just hope that as technology further advances, the possibility of copying our memories onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's a fantasy that I daydream about every once in a while.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://quizilla.teennick.com/stories/16129580/does-the-r4-or-r4i-work-with-the-new-ds]R4 SDHC[/url] DS ccPost)