Monday, July 16, 2007

If you eat it, make it worth it

Have you ever eaten something that wasn't very good just because it was there/you were bored? Have you ever been hungry and eaten something that didn't fully satisfy you? If you are like me, you sit at a desk all day. It's nice to have hand-held, unmessy snacks to break up the day. Just the sound of the crunch of the potato chips may break up the monotony of listening to your computer humming. Office goodies can be a trap. At my previous jobs, there were so many people in the office that there was always an occasion to celebrate. Cake was involved. As a self-proclaimed cake guru, not all of the cakes that were brought in lived up to par. For example, some were dry, and some had that horrible whipped icing! I would finish the entire slice, either because I thought it was polite or just because it was there in front of me. I have now learned better. If a calorie doesn't give me the satisfaction I crave, I don't eat it. When I crave chocolate, I have the best dark chocolate I can afford. I am a chocoloholic, and dark chocolate satisfies me a lot quicker than milk chocolate. Hershey's doesn't do it for me, but Russell Stover's and Godiva do. Everyone has their own tastebuds. Just make sure that when you do eat something, you like it!

No comments: