Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Cycling Instructor in the Making

This morning I taught the warmup song and first workout song of "The Ride," a 45 minute indoor cycling class at my gym. My coach praised me afterwards and said that I will do the warmup, one workout song, and cool down next week. I'm excited to be on my way to becoming an official cycling instructor. I love the high that I get from intense workouts, specifically cycling and running. It's so exhilarating to get your heart rate up high, jam to music, and let go as if you don't have a care in the world. Cycling has given me nice definition to my legs and has decreased my minutes per mile running considerably. It's such a great cardio workout that I recommend to anyone. I think that people can be pretty intimidated when peaking inside the windows of a cycling class, but they need not be because the people taking the class had to start somewhere too. I aspire to be an inspirational instructor that has a high turnout for every class. From taking a variety of classes from various teachers, I've learned what style I like. I like to encourage and not discourage. I like to build people up instead of tearing them down. I imagine I'll be a bubbly, fun instructor, but I will need help along the way from otehr teachers and class participants. I'm definitely looking forward to the day that I have my own class...

2 comments:

Author said...

Congrats. Let me know how your next class goes!

Anonymous said...

From first hand experience I know you are working hard at staying fit..Stay positive and confident and I'm sure you will one day have that class full of "riders"... Oh yeah and have good music! Gene