Friday, August 17, 2007

How Not to Get a Second Date With Me

I like to eat. I grew up on home cooked meals, such as pot roast and mashed potatoes, spaghetti and meatballs, beef tips on noodles, meatloaf, etc. My mom gladly passed down her wisdom to me, and I'm happy to report that I can cook! Growing up in Texas, I also enjoyed a lot of barbecue, particularly my dad's famous recipe. In fact, he has a barbecue rub on the market now in the lone star state. I love my steak cooked medium rare, and I can certainly eat a large portion. I think that Texans are bred for meat, actually.

There have been a few different occasions where I have been taken out on a date, and the guy said, "Wow, you can eat." I don't know what the reason behind making such a rude comment was. Could it be that he has only been out with girls who eat side salads? I'm not sure, but I can tell you that if a guy says that to me, he's definitely out of the running to be my "steady." Girls are so consciencience about what they look like and how they are perceived by others. If a guy says, "Wow, you can eat a lot," it doesn't make a girl have a positive self image. I don't have the type of metabolism where I can eat whatever I want whenever I want (thanks Mom and Dad for those wonderful genes). I only have to look at a piece of chocolate and see my waistline increase, so I definitely watch it. If I eat a lot out at a restaurant, it probably means that I ate healthy all day or week and am allowing myself to splurge.

Moral of the story- guys, if you want to get a girl, don't make a comment about her eating habits.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know your dad had a BBQ rub on the market!! That's cool. Where does it sell?