Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Baby Steps

Every time I hear the words, "Baby Steps," I think of the movie, "What About Bob." Bob (Bill Murray), from what little I remember, had been recommended that book by his psychologist. "Baby steps" are what would help turn Bob's life around.

Baby steps are synonymous with nutrition and exercise. I have been known to go on crash diets, but they never worked in the long run because I always returned to my old habits. I'm trying to practice "baby steps" now. I don't think that it is possible to get the ideal body overnight (if ever), but I do think that it's possible to take small steps that will help improve your overall fitness in the long run.

As many of my peers and colleagues know, I have been on a low carb diet for a few weeks. I have cut out bread, yogurt, and fruit from my diet. I still need to work on cutting out desserts, but I'm taking baby steps. Of course, it may be possible that no matter how many "baby steps" I take, I may not be able to give up chocolate.

Since I have gone a certain amount of time without breads and fruit, I don't crave them anymore. I used to think that it wouldn't be possible for me to go on a low carb diet, but low and behold I've done it, and I'm very proud of my progress so far. Granted, my clothes may not feel differently yet, but I know with time and continuing with "baby steps," something gradiose will happen. I just have to stick to a plan and have faith in myself.

No comments: