Thursday, August 16, 2007

Yummy Salad Recipe

I tend to eat lots of salads in the summertime. With it so hot outside, a cold salad can really do the trick. I came up with this one salad recipe this week that is fabulous, so I figured I'd share! The trick with salads is to have more legumes and less toppings.

Here are the key ingredients:
-Fresh spinach (lots of it since it's only 20 calories for one cup!)
-Fresh sliced mushrooms (again, lots)
-Handful of grapes (red grapes will add color)
-Craisins
-Half Handful of pistachios (handful sizes vary from person to person, but you'll hit somewhere around 100 calories)
-feta cheese (1 oz is 70 calories) (goat cheese also works well and is about the same calorie count)
-Dressing (I like a sweet vinaigrette dressing, such as Newman's Own Light Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette, which is 70 calories for 2 tablespoons)

Happy Eating!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds good and easy.