Friday, October 26, 2007

Nothing Like a Little Guilt to Get You Moving

I have to confess- yesterday I had not one, but two bagels from Einstein's for breakfast. The first one was so good that I just had to go back for a second one (with cream cheese of course). I only told certain people about my splurge and here were their reactions:
1. Anna Kate (my best friend from Baylor who currently lives in Texas)- said that it's okay to splurge once in a while
2. Susanna (my older sister)- said, "Oh my gosh. Do you know how many carbs you just had?"
3. Aaron (friend who works in our corporate office who is also a personal trainer)- "Yeah, you just had your one splurge for the week."

After I got off the phone with my sister, I decided I probably needed to go run during my lunch break to burn off some of the calories. I knew that I would have to eat very light (and very well) the rest of the day to try and undo some of the damage.

After I got back from running I instant messaged Aaron and said, "Well, it's all good now because I just went running, plus I am going to spinning class later today." He replied, "You can't do that if you're trying to lose weight or drop a size. That's a common misperception that people have. You can't just double your workout to burn off food. If you're in maintenance mode, then it's okay, but not if you're trying to lose weight.

Aaron says that you can splurge once a week. I guess a weekday took that up for me so I have to be as good as I can over the weekend.

So, there you go. I learned something new yesterday. I wish I hated food because then I would not want it all the time. It's especially hard when you have fitness goals because you have to be very choosy what you splurge on and the company you choose to splurge with.

Cheers to Fitness Goals!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say splurge when needed. Don't limit yourself to once a week. Of course, don't do it every day, either, cause that's beside the point.

Anonymous said...

Splurging is okay--occasionally. You just need to know when to stop!

Anonymous said...

I feel all guilty, now, SB! I'm sorry! I didn't mean anything by it! I just meant that bagels have a TON of carbs -- more than you can ever imagine! And YOU'RE the one who started me on the protein gig!

You look great, and you know it! -S