Friday, September 21, 2007

Nothing Tastes As Good As Thin Feels

I read this quote by "anonymous" for the first time in a famous quote book. Since then, I have seen it sporadically. Most recently, I saw it this week while watching "The Biggest Loser." After Lezlye got voted off of the red team, the cameras went to her home in Louisiana to show viewers an update on her progress and I saw the quote posted on Lezlye's refrigerator door. I do see a lot of truth to this statement, but sometimes I have a craving that must be satisfied. For example, I love cheese fries from Outback Steakhouse. The cheesy goodness piled on top of fries alongside their homeade ranch dressing is an indulgence, but defintely worth it. Ahh, how I miss the good old high school days of eating a 20 piece Chicken Mc Nuggets and a medium order of fries... or eating 1 1/2 to 2 full whoppers, and still being thin! Knowing how many fat and calories in those items now helps me stay away from them, but back then, it didn't matter. Don't you wish you were young again with the metabolism of a 12-year old? I know that your metabolism just slows down more as you age, so I'm not excited about getting older. I'm in my 20s, and I'm depressed about aging already!

Are there any comfort foods for you that contradict the statement "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels?"

No comments: