Thursday, September 6, 2007

My own SWOT Analysis

If you've ever taken a business class, you are quite familiar with a SWOT Analysis. It stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats. Companies analyze themselves and their competition this way. Strenghts and Weaknesses are composed of all the elements I can control. Opportunities and Threats are composed of outside elements/factors which I can't control.

Here is my own personal SWOT Analysis:

Strengths:
-Dedicated- I will work out AT least 5 times a week, usually 6 though.
-Hard Worker- My mom taught me a core set of work ethics to live by
-Strong Values- My parents taught me a core set of values to live by
-Ability to Cook- A trait passed down from my mother
-Entertaining- I love hosting parties when my schedule permits
-Social- It's very easy for me to meet people- trait passed down from my father (except he can remember EVERYONE's name from years ago and I can't!)
-Music- I have played the piano since I was 6 years old. I'm so happy that I have a piano here in Georgia because I have been able to practice regularly

Weaknesses:
-Chocolate- The darker, the better, and Swiss is my favorite!
-Pleasing everyone all the time- I'm always on-the-go because I have so many interests. It's hard to take a step back sometimes have time to myself
-Procrastinate- I'm getting better about this. In college, I waited until the last minute to study for a test. It usually paid off because I have a great short-term memory. I try to get the things I can done within a reasonable time frame and not push anything off. Have you ever heard the saying, "Don't put off til tomorrow what you can do today?" It's a great quote!

Opportunities:
-Fitness Instructor- I think I have the ability to inspire people to be their very best!
-My Blog- I think that this can be used as an outlet for people to either vent about their own fitness struggles, or get comic relief from mine!
-Travel- With my knowledge of French and passion for becoming fluent in a 3rd language (I am looking into German right now), I can converse and meet people from all over and learn about other cultures
-Mobile- Not only can I travel anywhere at the drop of a hat, I can move wherever I want because at this point in my life, nothing is tying me down
-Relationship with Jesus- I am so lucky to be brought up in a Christian home because God has given me so much to be thankful for. I want to continue to grow and strengthen my relationship with Him.

Threats:
-Death in Family- Although I hate to think about it, it's always a possibility. I may need to move back home and take care of some things, which may delay my career
-Unexpected Cost- If something major were to happen, I would need to borrow money to cover the cost. I like paying off my credit cards in full every month, so being in debt would be hard to swallow (by the way, I'm already in debt from the cost of my graduate school, so it's already hard to swallow!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good day fellas. I'm actually into shoes and I had been digging for the sake of that meticulous brand. The prices as regards the shoes are around 210 pounds everwhere. But completely I set this location selling them as a remedy for half price. I exceptionally want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably order these. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

good afternoon bros. I'm honestly into shoes and I was searching for the sake of that meticulous model. The prices as regards the shoes were all over 190 pounds on every page. But for all I found this location selling them someone is concerned half price. I exceptionally like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably order them. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

hi there ppl. I'm actually into shoes and I have been digging for that exact brand. The prices due to the fact that the sneakers were approximately 220 bucks everwhere. But completely I bring about this locate selling them as a remedy for half price. I in reality like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably order these. what is your opinion?