Monday, September 10, 2007

No Skinny Aerobics Instructor

I had an interesting conversation at the gym this morning. I was talking to one of the regulars in the spin class that I am co-instructing. He asked me if I drank alcohol and I said, "Well, I limit it to about once a week because it has a lot of calories." He nicely replied, "Oh, you don't have to worry about that." I said, "Whatever. My metabolism isn't that great. I can gain weight quite easily. I need to be thin to be an aerobics intsructor." He said that he didn't like skinny instructors, or women that are too thin, for that matter. He further said, "If you lost any weight you would blow away." I kind of rolled my eyes, because I am sure that I could stand to lose a few inches here and there, but we are all more critical toward ourselves than we are others.

As noted in my SWOT analysis, one of my weaknesses is chocolate. In fact, I had a slice of chocolate cherry bread from a local bakery - Buckhead Bread Company- this morning. I just don't know what I would do without chocolate. I gave it up once for Lent and decided I would never put myself through that pain and agony again. I probably should though, because the point of Lent is to give up something that is difficult so that you remember why Christ died for our sins. I think if I gave up chocolate for a while I would have even more definition and tone, but what kind of life is it without chocolate?

Do you have any food weaknesses?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bi-yatch! You is skinny! You is one skinny, good-lookin' ho!

Anonymous said...

Chocolate IS A NECESSITY of life--it should be a "food group" maybe not on the small top of the pyramid, but perhaps in the upper-middle.