Thursday, May 22, 2008

Triathlons Scare Me

I can run. I can cycle.... sort of (I can't actually ride a bike outside because I don't know how to switch gears). I can swim, but not well enough to justify competing in it. One of my very good friends from my alma mater participated in a triathlon this weekend for the first time- and completed it in 3.5 hours! What a marvelous time for someone's first shot at a triathlon. She does "Team in Training." In the past, she has participated in marathons but decided to give a triathlon a go this time. Verdict? She wants to do another one soon! I just want everyone to know just how proud I am to have a friend with such endurance, strength, and who lives to achieve each goal she sets for herself. While I can't entertain the thought of a triathlon, I admire each person who trains and completes one.

1 comment:

individually wrapped slices said...

You can practice switching gears on my bike. Its a large frame bike though ... but anyways, just make sure you pedal while switching gears and dont go from 8th to 1st.

?