Thursday, January 10, 2008

2008- The Year I Shrink!

2007 was full of changes. I find that whenever I move somewhere or start a new phase in life, my eating habits and activity levels change accordingly. In my adult life, I was thinnest when I studied abroad in England (Summer 2006). I walked everywhere and the food was expensive (not to mention British cuisine is not great), which helped me lose weight. When I moved to Atlanta, I became the most heavy in my adult life. My lifestyle has changed. I sit at a desk all day and I tend to go out a lot to dinners, happy hours, parties, etc.

So, what can I do to lose weight in '08? One thing that I have decided to do is watch what I eat very closely-especially when it comes to desserts. I know that some of you lost weight in 2007. What advice can you give me and others who read my blog?

3 comments:

Author said...

I think lifting weights is huge. Also, I like getting involved in group things for accountability. Team in Training is awesome.
Flabulous girl, you are gorgeous. No need to fret so much over your weight. You are healthy and enjoy a treat once in a while.

Anonymous said...

I lost 30 pounds in a year of Weight Watchers. I have come to the conclusion that they have the best approach and attitude to weight loss. I was never much for "group think and therapy" but I happened on a great leader. We forget how we are dominated by a number on the scale and how obsessive it can become in our lives.

WW helps you forgive yourself for momentary lapses and slow weight loss. We didn't put the weight on overnight it will not come off overnight.

One story that was told in our group a woman had lost 170 pounds and she kept her records religiously. It took her 2.5 years and in that time she tracked her gains also and she had gained in that time 30 pounds. So we go up and down, but it is all about portion control (smaller) and movement (longer). I always think I eat less than I do and exercise longer than I do. So watch it.

WW doesn't prohibit any food; which is a biggie for me. Tell me I can't eat a burrito and I will obsess on having a burrito.

GAM

Anonymous said...

Step 1, Dont eat cookies
Step 2, Dont eat 2 hours before bed
Step 3, Repeat step 1 and 2 for a week.
Step 4, Your not following your steps we cant continue.