Sunday, February 20, 2011

Promise of a New Day

Do you ever hear Paula Abdul's song, "promise of a new day," in your head? Oh, I'm the only one? Surely not. Well, at any rate, you get the gist of it by her saying "Promise of a new day" repeatedly. Over. and Over. and Over.

The promise of a new day is tomorrow, starting with a better diet and exercise routine. I exercise regularly, but I don't log in what I do. I think that it could benefit me greatly to see my progress, especially now that I'm running a lot more than I used to. The hard part for me has never been exercise. I could spend hours doing it, in fact. I have a hard time just saying no to awesome decadent food. I've done better by bringing my lunch to the office more and enjoying Starbucks less. Food is just so social, so it's hard to say no.

I need some sort of inspiration to help me along this path to a sleeker, more toned body. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I started reading Women Food and God. She talks more about being mindful of your body. Like "Am I hungry?" And some of the time, when we eat, we're not hungry. You've heard people say we eat out of boredom, loneliness, etc. So she says instead of eating to occupy ourselves, to *sit* in the feeling. And, most of the time, the feelings aren't as bad as we imagine them to be.
Not to mention, the problem with indulging when you aren't hungry is it gives you something to obsess over now. Losing weight. And then in that battle to lose weight, you're so focused on the obsession, you never get to "live" a complete life.

I dont know, something like that. It's more for compulsive eaters. Not people who get to go to nice restaurants for hot dates.